Healthy Raisins and Carrot Cake Loaf
It is an easy,simple ,healthy and quick loaf cake recipe which is good for tea time.you can pour lemon glaze or any of your favourite glaze on top.You can also spread cream cheese frosting which tastes better with carrot cake.But I have to made the healthy version of carrot cake,so I like to make it with olive oil.
1 1/4 cups flour sifted
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
3/4 cup grinded sugar
1/2 tsp lemon essence
Vanilla essence 1tsp
1/2 cup vegetable oil or olive oil
1/2 cup milk
Grated carrots 1 and 1/2 cup
Raisins (cleaned) 1 tbsp
Preheat the oven to 180C .Grease a loaf cake pan with oil and dust with flour. Remove the excess flour.
1. In a medium bowl, sift together 1 1/4 cup flour , 1 1/4 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp baking soda .Now add raisins and grated carrots.Stir and Set flour mix aside.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat 2 eggs with the whisk attachment on medium speed (15-20 seconds).
3. Add 3/4 cup sugar and continue to beat on medium speed (30 seconds).
4. Add lemon essence ,vanilla essence, oil and beat on medium speed (1 minute)
5. Take a hand whisk and slowly add about half of the flour mixture. Add half of the milk then the rest of the flour mix and the rest of the milk. Beat until just combined and smooth, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl. The batter should be thin.
7:.Fill prepared cake pan with the batter.
Bake for one hour at 180 degree centigrade or 350°F. Let it cool in the pan for a 30 minutes, cover with
towel ,,then remove carefully.