Buttermilk Lemon Muffins
1 1/4 cups flour sifted
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
3/4 cup grinded sugar
1 1/2 tsp lemon essence
Grated Lemon peel or zest 1 tbsp
Lemon juice 1 tbsp
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
…yield……..makes 12 Muffins
Preheat the oven to 180C and line a 12 pieces cupcake/muffin pan with cupcake liners.grease and flour..
How to make butter milk,,,
Take 1/2 cup of milk and Mix 1 tbsp oflemon juice .Set aside for 5 minutes.Now butter milk is ready to use.
1. In a medium bowl, sift together 1 1/4 cup flour , 1 1/4 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp baking soda .Now add lemon peel .Stir and Set flour mix aside.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer, beat 2 eggs with the whisk attachment on medium speed (15-20 seconds).
3. Add 3/4 cup sugar and continue to beat on medium speed (30 seconds).
4. Add lemon essence and oil and beat on medium speed (1 minute)
5. Take a hand whisk and slowly add about half of the flour mixture. Add half of the butter milk then the rest of the flour mix and the rest of the butter milk. Beat until just combined and smooth, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl. The batter should be thin.
7:.Fill 3/4 portion of each muffin cup with the batter.
Bake for 12 minutes at 350°F. Let them cool in the pan for a couple minutes, then remove.