How to make Zebra cake in pateela on stove top::
This Zebra cake recipe is with oil. I baked it without oven on stove top. You can bake it in oven too. Baking time will be the same. In Zebra cake, we bake chocolate and vanilla cakes batter in a striking striped pattern.
- 1 1/2 cup flour
- 1 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 cup grinded sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- For 2nd batter
- 2 tbsp cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup milk
- Place a round iron stand in a big pateela/pot. Preheat the pateela for 30 minutes. Grease a 6″ round cake tin. Grease and line with parchment paper.
- Sift the flour, and baking powder into a large bowl. Set aside.
- Take a bowl,add eggs ,sugar and vanilla essence.Beat till fluffy.
- Add oil and milk.Beat together by hand or with an electric hand-mixer until you have a smooth mixture.Then add dry ingredients and mix well.
- Take out 1/3 of the mixture and place in a second bowl, sieve the 2 tbsp cocoa powder into this mixture.Add 1/4 cup of milk. and mix until smooth.
- Now, put a tablespoon of the vanilla mix in the middle of the cake tin. Then, using a clean tablespoon, put a blob of the chocolate mix in the middle of the vanilla one.
- Keep doing this, alternating between vanilla and chocolate, each time you dollop a blob in, the whole mix will spread out on the base.
- By the time you have used up both of the cake mixes, they should have just reached the edge of the tin. 2 ice-creams scoops are great for doing this if you have them.Make swirls or web design on top with the help of wooden skewer.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes,in pre heated pateela. Cover the lid of pateela tightly. Bake until risen and firm to the touch. Keep the flame of your stove high for 5 minute.Then reduce the flame to medium high.Do not open the lid of pateela after putting the pan inside otherwise temperature will be disturbed.
- Check out my instructions for Baking without oven in pateela.
- Remove from the pateela and leave to cool before transferring to a wire rack until completely cool.