Healthy Oatmeal Raisin breakfast Cake
It is an easy, simple, healthy and quick oatmeal bundt cake recipe which is good for breakfast. I like to make it with olive oil. Kids would also like this healthy cake and picky eaters could not find out oats.
1 1/4 cups flour sifted
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
1/2 cup powdered sugar or castor sugar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1 tsp cinnamon powder
Vanilla essence 1tsp
1/2 cup vegetable oil or olive oil
1/2 cup milk
Raisins 1/2 cup
Instant oats or quaker oats 1 cup
Preheat the oven to 180C .Grease a bundt cake pan with oil and dust with flour. Remove the excess flour.
Clean and wash the raisins. Then let it dry on paper towel.
1. In a medium bowl, sift together 1 and 1/4 cup flour , 1 and 1/4 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp baking soda. Now add cinnamon powder,oats and raisins. Stir and Set the flour mix aside.
2. Take a bowl ,add 2 eggs and beat with the hand whisk or electric beater. (15-20 seconds).
3. Add 1/2 cup powdered or grinded sugar and 1/4 cup brown sugar. Continue to beat on medium speed (30 seconds).
4. Add vanilla essence, oil and beat on medium speed (1 minute)
5. Take a rubber spatula and slowly add about half of the sifted flour mixture. Add half of the milk then add the rest of the flour mix and the rest of the milk. Beat until just combined and smooth, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl. The batter would be thin.
7:.Fill prepared bundt cake pan with the cake batter.
Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F or 180°C in the middle rack of oven till the tooth pick inserted in cake comes out clean. Then take out the pan from the oven.
Let the cake cool in pan for 30 minutes, cover the pan with towel ,,then remove the cake from pan carefully. Store in an air tight container.