Spicy Egg Toast Recipe
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons onion finely minced
- 1 teaspoons green chili finely minced, jalapeno or other spicy chili works too
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1/2 tsp red chili powder
- 1/2 tsp crushed red chillies
- ⅓ cup milk
- 2 slices bread (sourdough, multigrain or whole wheat)
- 2 tablespoons ketchup ,green chutney or any sauce
- Whisk together onion, green chili, salt, red chili,crushed red chili and milk in a wide bowl (big enough to fit the sliced bread). Add in the eggs and whisk for a minute. Dip one slice of bread in the egg mixture and gently press down with a fork so the bread can absorb the egg mix. Flip the bread over and repeat on the other side.
- Heat a non stick pan (you can also use cast iron) and apply ½ teaspoon of oil. Carefully place the soaked bread on the pan. Spoon and spread over some extra onions from the egg mixture on top. Cook on medium heat for a minute or until the bottom side starts to turn golden brown.
- Turn over and cook the other side for a minute until it becomes golden brown. Repeat with the second slice of bread.
- Serve hot with chutney or sauce.