Tea cake without butter/Fat free cake sponge
Made without any butter, this vanilla sponge cake or tea cake is a healthy dessert that can be eaten by itself or used as the base for another dessert recipe or for fruit trifles.
This fat free cake sponge is usually made for fruit cream cakes,like pineapple cake ,kiwi cake,strawberry cake,blueberry cream cake etc..
we use this cake sponge in fruit trifles. It is also good recipe for pineapple pastry. It requires the spray of sugar syrup after cooling.
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Baking time: 35 minutes
• 3 large eggs
• 1 cup flour (Maida)
• 3/4 cup castor sugar
Baking powder 1 teaspoon
• 1 /2 tsp vanilla essence
• Sieve the flour and baking powder.
• Beat the eggs and sugar in a deep bowl using an electric beater, until the mixture thickens and doubles in quantity.
• Add the vanilla essence and mix it in gently.
• Fold in the sieved flour and mix it in carefully with a spatula.
• Pour the batter into a greased and flour-dusted 8″ diameter round tin or bread loaf pan.
• Bake it in a hot oven at 180°C (400°F) for 35 minutes.
• The cake is ready when it leaves the sides of the tin and has a springy texture if you poke it.
• Take it out of the oven and let it stand for a minute. Then, loosen the sides with a knife, invert the tin over a rack and tap it sharply to remove the cake.
Spray sugar syrup.
• Let it cool before you use it.