Almond loaf cake
(Pakistani Bakery’s style Almond tea cake:::)
If you’re looking for an easy, classic loaf cake recipe, look no further. I have used oil in place of butter in this loaf cake .So there is no creaming of butter.You can use olive oil or canola oil too.Follow the instructions carefully to avoid burnt top or bottom.Addition of lemon essence makes it Pakistani Bakery’s style tea cake.They spray sugar syrup or apply jam glaze after baking.
For variations you can add in nuts ,raisins or berries also.
This Almond loaf cake makes a perfect addition to your steaming cup of coffee or tea, or as a sweet treat in your kids lunch box.
Almond loaf cake
1 1/4 cups flour sifted
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
3/4 cup grinded sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp lemon essence
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
Almonds as desired
Preheat the oven to 180C and line up a regular non stick loaf pan with parchment paper..grease and flour the pan..
1. In a medium bowl, sift together 1 1/4 cup flour , 1 1/4 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp baking soda .Now add some chopped almonds.Stir and Set flour mix aside.
2. In a bowl beat 2 eggs with the electric beater on medium speed (15-20 seconds).
3. Add 3/4 cup sugar and continue to beat on medium speed (30 seconds).
4. Add lemon essence ,vanilla essence and oil and beat on medium speed (1 minute)
5. Take a hand whisk and slowly add about half of the flour mixture. Add half of the milk then the rest of the flour mix and the rest of the milk. Beat until just combined and smooth, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl. The batter should be thin.
7:.Fill 3/4 portion of loaf pan with the batter.Sprinkle almonds on top.
Bake for 40 to 50 minutes at 350°F or 180 degree centigrade.It takes longer baking time in loaf pan than round or square pan.
Instructions for baking::
- Place the pan on the middle rack of the oven.
- For First 5 minutes keep the temperature of the oven at 200 degree centigrade then turn it to 180 degrees.It gives light brown top and edges of the loaf cake.
- Put the pan over a cake plate or on a rectangular tray in the oven ,to prevent burning from bottom.
- Do not open the door of oven before 40 minutes to check the cake.
- Remove the cake from oven ,when the tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.Centre of the loaf cake ,takes longer baking time..So check carefully.
Prepare sugar syrup for spraying.
Dissolve 2 tbsp of sugar with 2 tbsp of water. Set aside.You can add honey or jam too.
Take the cake out from oven ,when the tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean. spray sugar syrup.Cover the pan with towel.Let it cool in the pan , then remove.