Marble cake Loaf
If you’re looking for an easy, classic loaf cake recipe, look no further. I have used oil in place of butter in this loaf cake .So there is no creaming of butter.You can use olive oil or canola oil too.Follow the instructions carefully to avoid burnt top or bottom.
A marble cake is a cake with a streaked or mottled appearance achieved by very lightly blending light and dark batter. It can be a mixture of vanilla and chocolate cake, in which case it is mainly vanilla, with streaks of chocolate.
This Marble loaf cake makes a perfect addition to your steaming cup of coffee or tea, or as a sweet treat in your kids lunch box.
Marble loaf cake
1 1/4 cups flour sifted
1 1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 large eggs
3/4 cup grinded sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
1/2 tsp lemon essence
Sifted coco powder 1 tbsp
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1/2 cup milk
Preheat the oven to 180C and line up a regular non stick loaf pan with parchment paper..grease and flour the pan..
1. In a medium bowl, sift together 1 1/4 cup flour , 1 1/4 tsp baking powder and 1/2 tsp baking soda .Stir and Set flour mix aside.
2. In a bowl beat 2 eggs with the electric beater on medium speed (15-20 seconds).
3. Add 3/4 cup sugar and continue to beat on medium speed (30 seconds).
4. Add lemon essence ,vanilla essence and oil and beat on medium speed (1 minute)
5. Take a hand whisk and slowly add about half of the flour mixture. Add half of the milk then the rest of the flour mix and the rest of the milk. Beat until just combined and smooth, scraping down the sides of the mixing bowl. The batter should be thin.Take another bowl and seperate 1/4 cup of the batter.Mix coco powder and set this coco mixture aside.
7:.Fill 3/4 portion of loaf pan with the vanilla batter.
8. Then Carefully pour coco mixture on one side of pan.I like this way.you can make swirls with tooth pick for marble effect as desired.
Bake for 55 minutes at 350°F or 180 degree centigrade.It takes longer baking time in loaf pan than round or square pan.
Instructions for baking::
- Place the pan on the middle rack of the oven.
- For First 5 minutes keep the temperature of the oven at 200 degree centigrade then turn it to 180 degrees.It gives light brown top and edges of the loaf cake.
- Put the pan over a cake plate or on a rectangular tray in the oven ,to prevent burning from bottom.
- Do not open the door of oven before 40 minutes to check the cake.
- Remove the cake from oven ,when the tooth pick inserted in center comes out clean.Centre of the loaf cake ,takes longer baking time..So check carefully.
Take the cake out from oven ,when the tooth pick inserted into the center comes out clean.Cover the pan with towel.Let it cool in the pan , then remove.